01 September 2009

Brooklyn's sleepover - MixEd EmOtioNs

My mom came to visit Saturday and watch the kids so Conrad and I could get out of the house and spend sometime together without the little ones. It was sooo nice, but when we came back home my mom told me she was taking my baby to Beaver for a few days so I could catch up on my sleep before going back to work. I tried to talk her out of it. Don't get me wrong, sleep sounded sooo good but mom's have a special bond with their babies and I didn't want to let mine go. Turns out I didn't have a choice. She said she was taking Brooklyn and would bring her back on Wednesday since I work Tuesday night. Wednesday?!!!! That's 4 days without my baby!!! Now it is finally Tuesday. I think it is hard going back to work after having a baby but it will be especially hard going back after not seeing my baby for 4 days.

Keegan ABSOLUTELY ADORES his baby sister and when my mom drove away with Brooklyn he ran down the street after her, crying, "My baby sister all gone!" It was sooo sad. And again, first thing out of his mouth the next morning, "Where my baby sister go?" and "Baby sister all gone!" I think Brooklyn's next sleepover won't be until she's one.

No comments: